We are hiring!
The Energy Efficiency Alliance (EEA), a 501(c)3 non-profit, is Pennsylvania and New Jersey’s trade association for the energy efficiency industry. Our membership, comprised of seventy-five companies, ranges from small local firms to large multinational corporations and operates across the value chain of energy efficiency. We engage our membership and key policymakers in support of an industry that accounts for more than 100,000 jobs across our two states. The policy we promote at the state and local level expands the market for energy efficiency.
The Energy Efficiency Alliance has two 501(c)6 sister advocacy organizations, the Keystone Energy Efficiency Alliance (KEEA), and the Energy Efficiency Alliance of New Jersey (EEA-NJ), that engage in direct advocacy with legislators.
EEA-NJ & KEEA have an ambitious energy policy agenda to modernize utilities and energy markets in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We have shown tremendous entrepreneurial growth over the last several years and now seek additional team members to help us take the next steps.
The Energy Efficiency Alliance is soliciting applications for a full-time Director of Legislative Affairs.
The Director of Legislative Affairs is responsible for developing and executing a strategy to advance policy that will expand the energy efficiency market in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The role will require working on-the-ground with business and non-profit partners, as well as cultivating relationships with key state decisionmakers and elected officials. Additionally, the Director will work directly with KEEA and EEA-NJ member companies to educate them about policy developments and represent their interests in KEEA and EEA-NJ’s advocacy.
- Track and review legislative developments that impact energy efficiency in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- Develop an ambitious policy agenda and strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors’ Policy Committee.
- Write fact sheets, policy memos, and legislative text to advance the organizations’ policy agenda.
- Build and maintain relationships with legislators, local elected officials, and their staff.
- Play a leadership role in coalition with business groups and associations, environmental organizations, low-income and energy equity advocates, and other aligned interests.
- Provide regular updates, legislative summaries, and responses to inquiries from member companies and board of directors.
- Organize strategic events, including legislative briefings, lobby days, and in-district events.
- Work with entire EEA team on fundraising priorities, administrative responsibilities, membership growth and development, and annual conference planning
- Frequent travel to Harrisburg, Trenton, and other PA and NJ cities is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience preferred in energy policy work and/or advocacy
- Proven track record in policy advancement
- Experience lobbying
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong ability to communicate complex policy issues to a range of audiences
- Experience working in coalition with diverse stakeholders
- Experience in and knowledge of the energy efficiency field preferred
- Ability to work within a dispersed team and maintain a professional remote workspace
EEA is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion and hires on merit.
Competitive salary based on experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, retirement, and vacation.